Monday, August 8, 2011

Coconut Chutney- Hotel Style


I am sorry again for not being regular...this time i was not in station for couple of days ...

I am finding excuses all the time...Plsssss my dearies accept my sincere apologies...
I guess still i will have at least one or two people reading this blog :P


I make this chutney regularly....Its very very easy to make and the quickest chutney...goes well with idli or Dosa :)

Recipe source : Self...After repeated experiments

Ingredients :
Grated Coconut - 1 cup
chillies (dried or fresh) - 3
Ginger - 1 inch piece
Salt to taste

For seasoning
Oil - 1 tbsp preferably Sesame (Gingelly) oil
Curry leaves few
Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp

Method
In a mixie jar grind grated coconut, chillies, ginger, salt with little water
now transfer this grounded mixture to a bowl
Heat oil in a small kadai and add mustard seeds and curry leaves and let it splutter
now add this seasoning to the grounded coconut mixture
mix well and serve with dosas or idlies :)


Love,
Varshini

10 comments:

  1. Simple recipe na. I add a bit of tamarind to this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love the hotel style chutney. Simple and yum

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never done chutney without pottu kadalai/roasted dhals! Looks good,shall try this some time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I add ginger few times ...gud one sweety

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love hotel style chutney . especially saravana bhavan chutney .I often wonder how do they make red chutney .
    its so yummy !!
    when i used to be in chennai used to have those in mylapore saravana bhavan on all mondays after my regular darshan at mylapore temple

    ReplyDelete
  6. Luv this any time...looks flavourful n yummy

    ReplyDelete
  7. A must for any south indian dosas, idlis etc etc!!!
    Prathima Rao
    Prats Corner

    ReplyDelete
  8. MY hubby's all time fav :D but I add Roasted Gram to it and I skip ginger :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. yummy chutney and a favourite of all. Love ur blog.Thanks for visiting my space.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely note...

You might want to check these too

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...